Creative Camera Trap Workshop with Terry Whittaker.
A workshop teaching all you need to know on how to photograph elusive and nocturnal animals with remote cameras.
• What you need to get started
• Creative lighting of nocturnal and crepuscular wildlife
• How to mix flash with ambient lighting
• Wireless and wired lighting
• When and how to use passive (motion) and active (beam) sensors
• How to build a weatherproof and silent camera box
• Where to place your camera trap for a variety of species
• Camera traps and video
• Evening slideshows of camera trap and remote photography images and how they were made.
Working in a forest environment with a healthy population of pine martens and red squirrels, we’ll shoot environmental portraits of red squirrels with radio-triggered cameras in the mornings and then concentrate on setting up camera traps for pine martens later in the day. All the techniques covered are applicable to a wide range of species and scenarios.
When: September 16th to 20th 2018.
Where: The Black Isle.
Guides. Terry Whittaker and James Moore.
Group size: Maximum of 8.
Cost: £700 based on 2 people sharing. Single supplement available on request.
Four nights accommodation including meals.
All guiding and tuition.
Transport to and from the forest locations.
Travel and equipment insurance.
Items of a personal nature.
Travel to and from Inverness.